Plant Name: Carmona
Carmona tree also known as (Fukien tree) is a species of flowering plant in the borage family. Its specific epithet comes from the latin retusus , with refrence to the leaf apex. Carmona is used in Bonsai because of its ability to devlop a thick and interesting trunk.
- A favourite plant of bonsai enthusiasts.
- Named in honour of Marcello Malpighia.
- Native- America & South Texas.
- A dwarf bushy shrub.
- Growing up to 1 m high.
- Leaves dark green 1-1.5 cm long.
- Flowers pinkish white on a short cyme.
- Flowers 1.5 cm across, fruit red.
Where to keep them:
Carmona tree is also called wax malphighia in india because of its shiny leaves and white flowers.
Carmona plant are tender plant and must be kept in a temperature range of 24c to 32c to do well. When you keep your plant indoor you just need to follow some simple steps.
- Your mix should be cocopeat + compost + garden soil ( top 2 inches ) in ratio 2:1:2.
- Provide natural light not direct sunlight.
- The mixture should be porous and use cocopeat for indoor.
- Water In winters once in a day and summers twice in day Logically.( but different houses have different temperature so you need to water on that bases.)
- The mixture should remain moist not wet.( it dosent matter whats the temperature.)
- Don’t keep your plant under the fan . ( because the fan will suck all the moister and you need to watering twice or thrice )
- Don’t over water your plant. ( because 90% of your plant will died by over watering.)
- Due to over water the leaves turned into pale yellow.
- Repot once in two year.
- Prune once in 8th month
How to multiply:
- For cutting your mixture will br pure cocopeat, no need other fertilizers.
- Cut the stem and dry for 2 to 3 hours after that insert that stem into your mix.
- You dont need to pore water only spray sprinkle of water on daily basis.
- When thay are stable in there pot after 6month you can transplant them.
- You can see my cutting below.
- I never used any fertilizers accept neem oil.
- Spray neem oil on your plant twice in a year.
- Don’t use chemical fertilizers .
- Don’t use any leave shiner.