Plants aren’t there to just stand and look pretty… Some are plants with a purpose! Functionals plants are a daily part of our lives, but you’d be surprised at how little you know about the real purpose of these household plants.
1. Aloe Vera - The Aloe plant produces two helpful things - gel and latex, which have medicinal uses. Aloe gel improves blood circulation and the latex can be used as a laxative.
2. Bamboo - Bamboo is considered lucky in Feng Shui. And for those who don’t believe in luck, bamboo is still a very useful plant! It serves as an excellent timber and is even edible!
3. Snake Plant - Snake Plant is also known as Mother-in-law’s Tongue because of the long, tapered shape of its leaves. Did you know that it is a NASA recommended air purifying plant? Like many other foliage (Areca Palm, Peace Lily, etc.), Snake plant absorbs harmful VOCs from the environment and makes your indoor air fresh and pure!
4. Thyme - You might know Thyme as being a herb used to garnish food. But apart from that, Thyme is an excellent pest repellent.
5. Mint - Mint reminds you of hot summer days and lemonade, but its primary function is that of a pollinator attractor. It helps plants in reproducing! This, like its cousin herb, Thyme, is also a pest repellent.
6. Garlic - Garlic is popularly known to be an edible plant as well as a pest repellent, but did you know that garlic is also a nutrient accumulator?
Plants play such an important role in our lives, and we tend to think of them so little. We have a way for you to use functional plants to their best potential in an easy, low-maintenance way - garden kits!
If you don’t have a garden and would like to grow your own vegetables, herbs and flowers, we have the solution! Our gardening kits contains jute grow bags, a khurpi, coco peat and seed packets of 4 seasonal hers, flowers or vegetables! You can find them here: